Friday, December 18, 2009

Winter Wonderland- Why so hot?

So for those of you that know me- I am sure you are aware of my awesome singing skills! I know the correct words to almost any song. So you can understand why I was baffled this holiday season when I learned that I had been singing (or belting out) a tune using the wrong word.

ok- for those of you that really know me.... or if you are part of my family- you are probably rolling your eyes and laughing pretty hard right now.... ok ok I confess- I have been known to get a few words wrong in a song- every now and again- BUT in my defense- my words usually make more sense!

As in the case here-

So....

The song: Winter Wonderland

The Lyrics:
He'll say: Are you married?
We'll say: No man,
But you can do the job
When you're in town

Later on, we'll conspire,
As we dream by the fire
To face unafraid,
The plans that we've made,
Walking in a winter wonderland.

The second verse here is where we have the dispute. OK- who "conspires" while they dream by the fire??? I mean- really- what does that even mean? Conspires what?

It makes WAAAAYYYY more sense that you would "perspire" as you sit (or dream) by the fire. I mean- come on! the fire is HOT!

Try it out- sing it with MY words in it- it totally goes way better! Trust me- we now have a fire place in our new house- and not ONE time have I sat by it to "conspire"- anytime I sit by it- it's a for sure "perspire".

You don't have to take my word for it people- go sit by your own fire and just see what happens.

I have to admit- it's a good thing I looked up these lyrics- I found a few more that make no sense- *sigh* I guess until they see my side of this I will have to correct some of my singing.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO EVERYONE!!! STAY SAFE AND WARM (not perspire warm- but you know... cozy and warm)

No comments:

Post a Comment