Tuesday, September 21, 2010

8 months old-

I can't belive it as I type it. 8 months old- every month I sit and ponder- where did the time go? And before you know it- they are going to be turning 16 and driving cars and all kinds of crazy stuff! So just recently Ciara turned 12, Caleb 10, and now Kash 8 months. (I however have not turned ANY years older- ya know- because of the birthday rules...) Anyhow- I so enjoy- LOVE- being a mom. It is by far the best. thing. ever.










SIZE: I am assuming that he is weighing in at around 16- 18 lbs. Less than 20 lbs for sure- but over 15 lbs- He is wearing a size 2 diaper and size 6-9 months clothing.

I don't know what it is about boys and remotes- but check out how fast he can get to this one!!


NEW MOVES: crawling- lots of crawling- and he does a "one legged" crawl- LOL! it's too funny- sometimes his knees don't even touch and he "crab crawls" around. He also is pulling up on EVERYthing- and I mean everything. Like a pillow- yes he will try and stand up with a pillow- or tuperware- It is also almost impossible to change his diaper- he is SO fast and such a wiggle worm. (watchout Granny- he is quick!)

YUMMY FOODS: Still on purees- but we are introducing "chunkier" purees. Kash has 2 bottom teeth and one top one that is breaking through as we speak. There has been a few fussy days when we can tell his teeth are bothering him. And even a few days when he ran a low grade fever. But with some extra love and an extra goofy brother and sister to play with- we barely notice! We have tried -and liked- avacados, butternut squash, yellow squash, zuchini, carotts, sweet potatoes, peaches, pears, blueberries, apples, mangos, and nectarines. So far the only thing he hasn't liked was the green beans. Which I think we may try again..... got to have something green! He likes to "nom" on cold cucumbers, his teething ring, teething buscuits, and celery sticks.

SLEEPING: We have bath time at 7:30 pm, followed by a bottle, and then to straight to bed. So usually in bed by 8:00 pm- and during the week I have to wake him up at 6:00 am, but on the weekends he will usually sleep until about 7:00 am.

WORDS: he talks and talks and talks! No words- but lots of babbling- Mamama's, Bababa's, and most recently Dadada's. He has also started squealing- with delight- I think. He thinks it's really funny. He will even squeal real loud and chase Gracie around- it's pretty funny.


BEST MOMENTS: I still love to nap with Kash. Each weekend- I try and take at least one nap together. He's such a snuggle bug- I love it! Recently I think we have experienced seperation anxiety. And even though it's not really one of our "best moments" it's sweet to know that he doesn't want me to leave him. And it makes it all that much sweeter when I come to pick him up and I get a HUGE bug smile on his face!


FAVORITE THINGS: Being tickled- he is ticklish on his belly, legs, bottom of his feet and neck. Still really loving bath time- and even loves the dogs water bowl. He likes to stand at the back door and bang on it and watch the dogs. He has a little skateboard that he likes to hold on to and his Great Granny gave him a sock monkey that he loves! Oh- and door stops.I don't know how- but he knows where they are and he knows how to get them off. Then he carries them around with him- he's so smart.

No comments:

Post a Comment