Friday, August 21, 2009

Weekend of Showers!

Tell you what Wedding and Baby season must be among us! It seems like every time I turn around there is a baby shower, wedding shower, or an actual wedding to attend! I am in NO way complaining- I love attending these get togethers! Most of all- and I am sure you could have guessed this- I absolutely love planning these sort of events! Milestones like that give me an actual "real" reason to plan a party- I don't have to worry about convincing my husband that there really is a point in throwing a party for Elvis week (which is the 2nd week in August- for those of you who would like to know) Babies and Weddings are at the top of the list when it comes to deserving a celebration. Although I wasn't part in the hosting of these celebrations- it was fun to attend and to have the chance to celebrate with my friends as they start on this new journey!

So this week- I went to:

A work related baby shower for my friend Allyson. She is due Sept. 28! It's right around the corner and we all can't wait to meet Baby Jack!! I made this super cute diaper cake for her- and I have to say I was pretty impressed with myself. I had never made one before- and I think it came out great! I included 48 diapers, a bottle of J&J Powder and Lotion, Vaseline, gauze, gas drops, diaper ointment, baby wash cloths, baby socks, and that cute little dogie up top!



Then we went to a surprise Stock the Bar wedding shower for my friend Christi and Scott- who are getting married the 1st weekend in October. I won the contest for guessing how many jelly beans were in the wine bottle! (I tell you.... I know how much of anything can fit in a wine bottle haha!) I can't wait for thier wedding. It will be a lot of fun- and give me a reason to go shopping for something fun to wear!


The next day- I attended a Bridal Shower for my friend Logan. She is marrying Josh Sept. 12th- coming up fast! It was fun to hang out with all the girls and many had brought thier babies. I got lots of good advice and it's nice to have a group of friends that likes to have babies around.


Once I left Logan's shower- I picked up Cody and we headed out to my friend Allyson's fun co-ed baby shower! It was really cute! They had done a picnic theme complete with red and white table cloths, hamburgers, wings, popcorn and yummy potatoe salad. It was also her husband's birthday so we finished it all off with some cupcakes and ice cream.


All in all it was a great weekend! Only to think- not even a year ago we started ou wedding "shower" season. And now.... we are getting ready to start celebrating our baby boy! It's funny how true the old nursery rhyme is "1st comes love, then comes marriage, then comes a baby in the baby carriage!"

No comments:

Post a Comment